The Best Mashed Cauliflower
The Best Mashed Cauliflower, EVER! This recipe is so delicious, ULTRA creamy and just about perfect.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 30 oz frozen cauliflower ; or 1 large head, cut into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream ; use low fat or fat free for a FP
- 1 tablespoon butter (cold from fridge) ; reduce to 1/2 tablespoon for a FP
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg ; you can use more if you like the tase, but be careful not to overdo it
- salt and pepper ; to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese ; I used a cheddar blend - use 1 tablespoon for a FP
Cook cauliflower: Place cauliflower in a large pot and cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil until buttery-tender. Drain very well. Place back in the pot over medium-low heat. Stirring from time to time (don't burn it!), steam off all the excess water (about 3-4 minutes). Take off the heat.
Make the mash: Place the cauliflower in a large food processor with the blade attachment. Add all other ingredients and process until thick and smooth.
Serve warm topped with extra butter and chives, if you like.
This website is UNOFFICIAL and in NO WAY part of or representative of Trim Healthy Mama.
We aren’t trained by Trim Healthy Mama nor authorised to give Trim Healthy Mama advice. Any advice given here should not replace the advice of your Trim Healthy Mama coach or book.
Ideally, you should check with Trim Healthy Mama for the most accurate information on such matters as fuel types and meal plans.
Although wholesomerecipebox.com tries to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates. Factors like brands, product types, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, ingredient swaps and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Under no circumstances will wholesomerecipebox.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
Nutrition label for full recipe:
Nutrition label for FP (with the alteration mentioned in the recipe card):