Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal | THM E
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious fall breakfast you can prep ahead the night before. Serve it with Greek yogurt for an extra filling and protein-rich meal!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Chilling time 6 hours
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups oats use gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried cranberries optional
- 3 tablespoons Stevia blend like Gentle Sweet see notes for substitute
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk unsweetened almond is a great choice, see notes for substitute
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup egg whites about 3 large, see notes for substitute
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Place all dry ingredients in a 7x11 baking dish. Stir well.
Place all wet ingredients into a measuring jug. Whisk well.
Stir the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes or up to 8 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the oatmeal for 30-35 minutes, or until set and browning on top. Rest the dish on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Instead of unsweetened almond milk, we also like using local raw cow's milk. (I skim the cream off the top to use that in S meals!)
- Instead of egg whites, you can also use 2-3 whole eggs if you're not concerned about making the bake super low fat.
- Instead of the Stevia blend (something like Truvia or the THM Gentle Sweet), you can use 1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract OR 1 tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend. You can also use 1/4 cup maple syrup OR 1/4 cup honey.
The calories are without pecans or cranberries. According to My Fitness Pal, one serving has 3g of fat and 19g net carbs.