Garlic Roasted Brussels sprouts
Roasting really is the best way to prepare Brussels sprouts - and they're even better with lots of garlic added! This recipe is low carb, Keto and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound cleaned and trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil I used olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
Prep: Heat the oven to 400°F. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and the garlic in half widthwise.
Season: Place sprouts on a rimmed, unlined sheet pan and carefully toss with oil, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. Nestle garlic between the Brussles sprouts, cut side facing down.
Roast: Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until sprouts are tender on the inside and lightly caramelized on the outside. Serve immediately.
- Don't overcrowd the pan - 1 to 1.5 pounds of sprouts per sheet pan, tops. Otherwise they'll create too much steam and will cook rather than roast. If you need to double the recipe, use two pans.
- I strongly recommend using an unlined pan for best results. Lining the pan with parchment paper will make the sprouts more soggy than roasted. If you're very concerned about the cleanup, it's best to line the pan with aluminum foil.
- The Brussels sprouts taste best eaten hot straight out of the oven. So I really do not recommend making them ahead - it's just not the same!
- You can cut the Brussels sprouts up to 2 days ahead if you want to get some prep work done before a big holiday. Just place them in a ziptop bag and keep them in the fridge until ready to use.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg