Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal
Cinnamon Apple Baked Oatmeal is an easy and delicious make ahead breakfast for the fall and winter months. Prep it the night before and bake it the next day for a relaxed morning!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned oats use gluten free if necessary
- 3/4 cup milk unsweetened almond is a great choice, see notes for substitute
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- ½ cup egg whites about 3 large, see notes for substitute
- 3 tablespoons Stevia blend like Gentle Sweet, see notes for substitute
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apple
Mix the ingredients: Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well.
Add to a casserole dish: Lightly grease a 7x11 inch rectangular baking dish and spread the oat mixture in it.
Chill the dish: Cover the casserole dish (you can use either plastic wrap or even a towel). Chill in the fridge overnight.
Bake the dish: The next morning, remove the dish from the fridge. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake until set and golden on top, about 30-35 minutes. Rest the casserole dish on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes, then slice to serve.
PLEASE NOTE the nutritional label for this recipe is WITHOUT the sweetener (and without the pecans, using unsweetened almond milk) because sweetener brands and kinds vary so wildly with sugar alcohol content etc. Just add the amount of your sweetener.
- Leave out the pecans to keep it very low in fat.
- Instead of unsweetened almond milk, we also like using local raw cow's milk. (I skim the cream off the top to use that in S meals!)
- Instead of egg whites, you can also use 2 whole eggs if you're not concerned about making the bake super low fat.
- Instead of the Stevia blend (something like Truvia or the THM Gentle Sweet), you can use 1/8 teaspoon pure stevia extract OR 1 tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend. You can also use 1/4 cup maple syrup OR 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more if that's how you roll.
- If you're not a planner, you can let the mixed oats sit on the counter for 10 minutes and then bake it straight away. It will be a little chewier and less fluffy, but still delicious.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg