This is the best recipe for sautéed spinach! Seasoned with garlic, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, it’s full of flavor yet so easy to make.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (10-oz) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or more to taste
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon juice only
Place oil, garlic, spinach salt and nutmeg in large skillet over medium heat.
Cook spinach, tossing often, until wilted. Take off the heat.
Add Parmesan cheese and toss, then season with lemon juice and additional salt/pepper to taste.
- Spinach: I really love this recipe with baby spinach. If you have regular fresh spinach, it’s fine to use. Just make sure to remove any large/thick stems.
- Parmesan: Romano cheese is also great! Feel free to leave this out if you want to make the recipe dairy free.
- Garlic: I prefer fresh here, but a sprinkling of garlic powder works in a pinch if you don’t have fresh available.
- Nutmeg: This is a must for me in spinach! Feel free to leave it out if you don’t usually keep nutmeg on hand, but it really does add a great depth of flavor to the spinach.
- Do not overcook the spinach. You do not want it raw anymore, but you also don’t want to cook it until it falls apart.
- If you don’t have a large enough skillet, cook the spinach in two batches. Add all of the wilted spinach to the skillet and only then add the seasoning and cook for one more minutes, tossing to distribute the seasoning.
- I do not recommend making this ahead of time, as the spinach turns very limp when it sits for a longer time.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6718IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 2mg