Mediterranean Turkey Meatloaf
Mediterranean Turkey Meatloaf is an easy Trim Healthy Mama entree your whole family will love. Serve it with your favorite sides for a healthy dinner you'll make again and again.
Servings 6 people
For the meatloaf:
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey I use ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg
- 1 zucchini finely shredded and excess moisture squeezed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely diced
- 5 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey optional; you can also use 1 extra tablespoon tomato sauce plus a pinch of your favorite sweetener
- salt to taste
Make the meat mix: Place all ingredients for the meatloaf EXCEPT for the feta cheese to a large bowl. Mix well (I likening a handheld mixer with the dough hooks attached).
Shape the meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet. Place the meat mix on the baking sheet and shape into a loaf. Make a long well along the middle and add the cheese. Close the meatloaf over the cheese, making sure you're shaping it firmly.
Bake: Stir all ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Brush 1/3 all over the meatloaf. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes. Brush with another 1/3 of the sauce. Finish baking for around 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining sauce.
Serve: Let the loaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg