Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Peanut Sauce
Make these Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Peanut Sauce for your next backyard cookout!
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large lime juice only
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chicken tenders threaded onto small skewers
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter I used all natural
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk OR water or a mix of both
- honey or low carb sweetener to taste
- fresh chili cayenne pepper or chili sauce, to taste (optional)
Season the chicken: Place the sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice and pepper to a shallow dish that fits the length of your skewers. Add the chicken and marinate for 15 minutes, turning the skewers occasionally.
Make the sauce: Place all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Alternatively, blend in a mini food processor for a smoother sauce.
Grill the chicken: Heat the grill (or a grill pan over medium high heat on the stove). Grill the kabobs until the chicken is done, about 4-8 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of your chicken).
Serve the hot chicken skewers with the peanut dipping sauce.
Nutrition is an estimate:
Calories 469 / Fat 32g / Carbohydrates 7.7g / Fiber 1.7g / Net Carbs 6g / Protein 39.5g