Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops are an easy and delicious dinner recipe your whole family will love. Takes minutes to prep and you end up with juicy pork chops smothered in a creamy sauce!
This is a great entrée for THM – S dinners, low carb or keto diets.
I’ll come out and say it: I wasn’t THE biggest fan of pork chops until I started making them in my instant pot. SO GOOD!
They get incredibly tender and don’t dry out at all, which makes them such a joy to eat.
And with this creamy sauce? You need to make these NOW.
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
This is one of my favorite ways to use the instant pot!
- the recipe only needs a few minutes of prep
- it’s on the table in less than 30 minutes
- the flavor is SO good with just a handful of ingredients!
This is one of my go-to dinners when I barely have any time to cook – so quick, easy and yummy.
By tips to make the best instant pot pork chops:
Don’t skip the browning
The recipe is quick anyways, so it won’t save you a ton of time if you skip the browning.
Browning the chops in the instant pot before pressure cooking them helps make a richer sauce, and it adds a lot of flavor for not much extra work.
Be careful with the sauté setting
The IP gets HOTTTTT when it’s on sauté! So be careful:
- don’t hold your face over the instant pot
- be careful when you add liquids
- switch the IP off and wait for it to cool down a little before progressing with the recipe if it gets too hot
Thicken to your taste
I know everyone likes their sauce at a different thickness and consistency, so thicken to your own taste:
- it’s pretty liquid if you don’t do anything but add sour cream after pressure cooking
- cook it down for a few minutes on the sauté setting before adding the sour cream for a medium-thick sauce
- add thickener and simmer a little before adding the sour cream for a thick and creamy sauce
Can you freeze this recipe?
I wouldn’t, it dries out the pork chops.
What can you serve with these pork chops?
The chops are great for s-meals with the butter and sour cream in them!
That way you can also use chops that are a little marbled with fat for extra juicy meat, vs using very lean ones.
S-Meal Ideas with Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops:
- serve with mashed cauliflower and a low carb veggie side
- have over zucchini noodles with sautéed mushrooms
Adding a starchy veggie side like carrots, peas (or an on-plan grain side) can turn it into an s-helper or a crossover.
Watch me make this recipe:
Grab the recipe here:
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon butter, or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into slim wedges
- 4 boneless pork chops, a cut from the blade preferred as it is fattier
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot, OR organic cornstarch OR 1/4 teaspoon glucomannan
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” for 8 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of arrowroot and water (or your preferred thickener).
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.