These Easy Overnight Oats are a quick and healthy make ahead breakfast. Serve with your favorite berries or add shredded apple in the morning!
These Overnight Oats are THM E, gluten free (if using certified gf ingredients) and low fat!
It’s no secret that I love the convenience of overnight oats:
Healthy ingredients, filling, make-ahead and super easy to prep.
I know there’s plenty of ways to make them in cute little jars, with individual flavors… But instead of that, I just whip up one large container of these basic ones – and then everyone serves themselves and adds the toppings they like in the morning.
These Easy Overnight Oats
- are quick to whip up the night before
- turn out wonderfully creamy – no cooking required!
- can be served with everyone’s favorite THM-approved toppings!
I love a good THM breakfast that can be made ahead!
This is a low fat, healthy carb THM E idea, but I also have a great S make ahead breakfast: My Bacon Cheddar Chive Egg Muffins!
How to Make Overnight Oats:
Read on for the detailed steps, or scroll down for more tips to make this recipe foolproof and the printable recipe card.
1 – Add everything to a bowl and mix.
2 – Cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
3 – Stir and serve. That’s it!! Overnight oats are SO easy to make 😊
Tips for the BEST Basic Overnight Oats:
- use your favorite THM-compliant milk – we love unsweetened almond!
- to make it dairy-free, use a dairy free yogurt alternative
- you can make overnight oats without chia, but they turn out a little less creamy
Do you eat overnight oats cold?
Yes, you sure do.
Don’t worry, most commercial oats are steam-rolled (so you’re not eating raw grain) to keep them from turning bitter over time.
Can you heat overnight oats if you want to? Well, yes. But I recommend leaving out the yogurt if you intend to warm them up in the morning – otherwise it tastes… Off.
How long do overnight oats last?
You might be wondering how long the oats last in the fridge – especially if you’re planning on making one big container of oats for the entire family.
I prefer eating overnight oatmeal within 3 days of prepping it – any longer than that and it tends to get an unpleasant texture.
What are good toppings for overnight oats?
For THM E friendly toppings, here are some ideas:
- 1/4 sliced banana (and a few sneaky sugar free chocolate chips!)
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1/2 shredded apple plus some cinnamon
P.S: If you tried this recipe, why not leave me a comment below to let me know how you liked it? I LOVE interacting with you and hearing about your experience with my recipe.
Also, by adding a comment and star rating you’re helping The Wholesome Recipe Box grow and get even better for you!
Easy Overnight Oats
- 1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt, plain
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- gentle sweet, maple extract, to taste
- favorite toppings, berries, shredded apple, sliced banana…
- Mix all ingredients in a large container. Either keep in the large container OR spoon into individual jars to refrigerate (covered) overnight. Serve cold with your favorite toppings.
One more thing before you head off… If you need more healthy comfort food recipes in your life, make sure you’re one the Wholesome Recipe Box eMail list! You can click here to sign up.