made it? tap the stars to add your rating!
A quick and easy summer salad to bring to all your cookouts this season!
- 3 large limes (juice only)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Taco seasoning (I used a homemade mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15oz) can black beans ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 (8oz) can corn kernels ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Add Your Review
- Combine lime juice, olive oil and seasoning in large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve cold.
- if you need to be gluten free, please make sure all your ingredients are labeled as such (especially the spice mix!)
- the salad keeps well in the fridge for up to a day, but I suggest adding the avocado right before serving
Trim Healthy Mama TipsThis is a salad packed with fresh ingredients that I LOVE to serve to my kids (and my nursing self ?) on a hot summer day. It’s definitely a crossover with all of those beans combined with the avocado (THM XO). It’s something you can reach for if you want to bring a healthy option to a cookout, but don’t want to dodge comments about overly diet-y food, ahem. Here are a few ideas to change it up:
- skip the corn if you’re in downsizing mode
- to turn it into a THM E dish, reduce the oil to 1 tablespoon (use more lime juice instead!) and skip the avocado
Even if we can’t have big summer gathering this year, you can still enjoy this salad at home. Try making a half batch if you have a small family (just use 1 can black beans, a small avocado and either small peppers or just one color to avoid this half-used ingredients!).
This is a great salad to serve with grilled chicken or fish, and it’s so great for Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy!
ask a question or leave a review: