Make these Oven Roasted Radishes as an easy and healthy side dish for dinner tonight. Such a simple recipe, but so good!
This recipe is Trim Healthy Mama friendly (THM S), low carb, gluten free (if using certified gluten free products) and Keto friendly.
Roasted potatoes are something we LOVE in this house.
Apparently they’re not gentle enough on blood sugar levels to be eaten abundantly, ahem, note to self.
Instead, we now often make roasted radishes. They’re easy, tasty and perfectly acceptable for those low carb S meals!
At first I was super sceptic – can you even roast radishes? Isn’t that gross? But no, actually. Super tasty, I promise.
How to Roast Radishes:
What radishes do you use for roasting?
Since we have little kids, I try to pick mild radishes. Remember, my daughters think cinnamon is too spicy…
I also like to take large, round ones because they slice up nicely and roast evenly.
Do you peel the radishes before cooking?
Heaven forbid! Or do you really want to stand around, peeling teeny-tiny little radishes? 😉
I absolutely never peel the radishes before cooking/roasting. Their skin is perfectly edible, and so pretty in pink!
Do you slice them or can you leave them whole?
I slice the radishes because they roast in less time that way (and I’m fairly quick at cutting them in half, so the slicing doesn’t take up more time than the extra baking).
I also find the sliced sides roast up nicer than radishes left whole, but that’s up to you!
Even if you’re a sceptic like I was… Go on, give yourself a nudge and give these Oven Roasted Radishes a try!
You might just be in for the biggest surprise 😉
Oven Roasted Radishes
- 2 bunches radishes (that's about 1 pound for me) trimmed and halved, if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- optional add-ons for roasting: dried or fresh herbs (rosemary or thyme are delicious), sliced shallot (not if you're super low carb), crushed garlic
- optional add-ons after roasting: lemon jucie, chopped parsley
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grab a rimmed baking sheet.
- Season radishes: Place the prepared radishes on the baking sheet. Add the olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper and any add-ons for roasting you like.
- Roast: Roast the radishes in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until tender enough to your taste.
- Finish: Add the butter (and any add-ons after roasting you like) to the hot pan with the radishes and gently toss to coat. Serve immediatly.